20120429

Easy Installation of FreeNX Server in Ubuntu 12.04

It looks like we can skip the dependency problems during FreeNX installation by skipping the freenx metapackage.

Installation then becomes as follows:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freenx-team
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install freenx-server freenx-smb freenx-rdp freenx-session-launcher gnome-session-fallback

Then, connect away with NoMachine's nxclient!

nxsetup doesn't seem to be required.  Printing and samba file sharing still not working though :(

3 comments:

  1. couldn't get the session to resume :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction:resume worked when I disabled printer and file sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I have been looking for this and it worked for me. I was able to connect from my Macbook to my Ubuntu 12.04 box.

    ReplyDelete