20110704

Drupal, CSS and Firebug

I've gotten our water heater website running without so much as any coding. Even the theme's pretty much standard plug in. Of course, I'd like it to be much better than that. But if nothing else, I'll go with functionality over aesthetics first.

Yesterday, I got into the theming part a little deeper though. I've just recently added Google +1 and Tweeter modules, and the alignment between Facebook, Google, and twitter, are just getting too messy.

I haven't touched CSS in almost 10 years, but with the help of Firebug and google, I got to a more acceptable design. Still there were the nitty gritty stuff -- I have so much to learn. How do I get the css into drupal? I tried CSS Injector but I couldn't get it to work. For now, I settled with modifying the module code and css. That's not a very good solution, because whenever there's a new module update, I'll have to do code merging.

I really need to get back to studying...

No comments:

Post a Comment