20100321

Worldbex 2010

This afternoon, I was at Worldbex 2010.  I think it's the most popular among a number of construction exhibits here in the Philippines.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular, as I've gone to the previous worldbex already.  A lot of the exhibitors are the same as last year's, and last last year's, etc.  However a company advertising CAD software did make me pause and ask questions.  I usually don't ask questions but we use CAD in our office, and am looking for alternatives to an aging Windows+Inventor workstation already.  They were selling ZWCAD.  Haven't heard of it before, so I asked my most important question, "which OS does it support?" 

"Any", says the lady, "but we recommend Windows XP or 7."

"How about Linux", I asked.

Pause.  It doesn't seem a lot of people ask that question.  So she passed me to a techie looking guy.

"Ah, no..."  and that was the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment